Monday, November 20, 2006

Yes, Master Milch I will watch your show...


David Milch, you freaky little fucker you. Milch fascinates and creeps me out at the same time. JOHN FROM CINCINNATI is a new series from the creator of DEADWOOD and according to the New York Times has birthed a new genre: Surf Noir. Did you hear me? SURF NOIR MAN! Oh yes…( I am shivering in anticipation here ooooh)Elements include: surfing, heroine addiction, a space alien and lawyers. All of this from a guy who lectures on his back propped up on one arm and gesticulating madly with the other. Milch is a cross between Jaba the Hut and Shakespeare and man, he makes me moist.

Deadwood made a huge impact in my life. For weeks after first viewing it, my wife and I lovingly referred to each other as COCKSUCKERS. It is an amazingly poetic, violent take on the western. It also put Ian Mcshane on my wife’s ‘list’ (You know what list I’m talking about, I know you do.). Now this crazy Mother-Fucker Milch is taking on the world of surfing. I LOVE THIS GUY. David Milch is on MY list god damn it.

Can you imagine the cojones you need to take a dark twisted look at dysfunctional family life through the eyes of surfers? It’s something you joke about to your friends when you’re stoned but Milch, Milch makes it happen. I have no idea if it will be a hit. I have no idea if it will even be good. But I just want to applaud anyone who can pitch this show and make it fly. Honestly, here in Canada you would never see a network taking a risk like that.

Thank you HBO!

Thank you DAVID MILCH!

Bring on John from Cincinnati and do to me what you will!


Comments:
Can't wait.

Although I'm a little bitter that they chose the new show over Deadwood season 4.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]